Today laptops or notebooks are outnumbering the number of desktops because of the number of advantages they carry over the desktops. They are portable light and can be easily carried from one place to another. But while travelling or due to any accident a fall or damage can lead to severe losses to the owner. Any such issue can lead to long cost for repairing which can be at times too heavy on the owner.
So here is where laptop insurance comes to the rescue. By getting the laptop insured an owner can recover the costs from his insurance and he would not have to pay from his pocket. Because repairing charges on laptops are generally very high and only an insurance can come useful. Laptop insurance safeguards it from loss, thefts and any damage. This insurance is a must for travelers and also for continuous users who can easily get the laptop insurance. You may well get the insurance the very day you purchase the laptop and after the period ends may extend the insurance. This would keep you tension free of any loss or damage to laptop.
Benefits of laptop insurance
There are innumerable benefits of a laptop. Many people however don’t see any requirement of getting the laptop insurance because they think that it`s a mere wastage of money but they ignore the unexpected mishaps such as loss, theft, and accidental damage to device in any condition. Briefing down some benefits of insurance:
- Coverage of the device against water damage, power surge, lightening or any other accidental damages
- Vandalism, fire and theft are other calamities against which a laptop insurance is apt for.
- Coverage for the software already installed in the laptop
- Coverage of the laptop when it is used in home, office or while travelling
Few exclusions under laptop insurance policy
Although notebook insurance covers every other aspects, there few exclusions from it also which does not count under insurance. These are:
- Repairing expenses which are unapproved by the insurance company
- Damages which are cosmetic such as scratches or marks on screen
- Breakdown of the system due to the attack of a virus
- Loss in the income or any business interruption due to the usage of laptop.
- Mechanical breakdown of the laptop or some faulty construction
- Regular wear and tear of the laptop.